Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Turning a buffet into a flat screen tv cabinet.

It was time to purchase a new T.V. and we wanted a Flat screen. I didn't like the cabinets that were on the market and really could not afford one. I came up with the idea of buying an old buffet(cheap of course) and removing the drawer fronts and re hinging them. That would make a place for the dvd player. I cleaned it all up and painted it black,before that I sanded it down so the paint would stick. I always like to paint black first under my main color,because it brings out the richness in the top paint color. Oh by the way I paid $25.00 for the cabinet. I then hinged the drawer fronts back on and painted everything and off white. I then distressed it with a brown paint.  I watered the brown paint down and applied it with a brush and then wiped it off with a rag. I already had the paint. I got a gallon of black paint on a sale at Walmart. It had been ordered for another person and they were not happy with it so those mistakes go on a half price sale rack. I only have less than $30.00 in the whole project. It works great and I love it.

2 comments:

  1. The weather man said that the temps today would be 33 degrees. Wow this is a heatwave!!!!!We are funny creatures that seem to never get it right. If the temps.are to hot for to long we wish for a break! Then along comes a big break and it is called winter. We then start wishing for warmer temperatures and then it starts all over again. Why can we not just have a spell of in between? I have always heard the saying"We live in Iowa, just wait a few minutes and the weather will change". I proudly professed this as our stately anthem. The other day I realized that I was wrong, when a Missourian said the same thing about their state.Oh well who wants that anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the buffet....what a great way of re-purposing it!!!

    ReplyDelete